Sunday, September 19, 2010

IT'S CHALLENGE TIME!!! Can ya dig it?

So I am currently coming off of a 3 week resting period as I've been really hammering my body for the last 8 months or so non stop so it was time to get a little extra rest. Tomorrow begins the elevated exercise program.  What exactly is that?  Well it's 7 days of total head to toe body decimation.  I'm taking 4 parts of the P90X program (yes I've done the whole thing in the past) and 3 days of my own personal weight training program and making them one big happy family. Sound tough?  I expect it to be.  So lemme break it down for you.

There will be 3 cycles of 4 weeks with 1 week breaks between cycles.  Each week will start with the P90 series at home Monday thru Thursday with Friday, Saturday and Sunday seeing gym time at the local 24 with a return to my favorite system of sets and reps.

Now the way this workout is scheduled and set up, it can be modified to fit any fitness level, if you want help with modifying it to fit your fitness level, give me a call and we'll get it done.  So with this new program, I'm actually going to keep a daily log here on this blog and let you all know what I'm taking before my workout, what my workout consisted of and what I'm taking after my workout.  You'll be able to see my performance and my results over time.  My goal is not to increase my strength overly much but to gain about 10lbs of lean mass and cut my body fat % as much as possible.

Those of you familiar with the P90 system know it's tough and just jumping straight in hurts...alot. So my first cycle will be an 'ease in' cycle where I work into a more aggressive second and third cycle.  I also will not be using any of the weight oriented exercise rotations from the program, all cardio and stretching disks.  I enjoy the heavy work in the gym, so I'm going to keep that part of my personal program and utilize the P90 system for it's excellent cardio and yoga systems.

Now I invite you all to join me on this challenge, either in person (yes you're welcome to come over to my place or meet me at the gym) or online, posting your own progress and keeping pace.

So without further ado here is 1Cycle:

Monday - CardioX
Tuesday - X Stretch
Wednesday - Ab Ripper X
Thursday - Core Synergistics
Friday - Back and Shoulders
Saturday - Chest and Arms
Sunday - Legs

I'm ready...are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment