Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Week 1 Day 2

X Stretch!!!

What a great little workout - an hours worth of static and ballistic stretching, it's not only a bit painful, but very relaxing and boy does it feel good!  So why X Stretch for day 2?  Well anyone who's ever worked out with me knows I'm a very flexible guy, but that I also am in the camp that you should do a light warm up before your workout or athletic activity/competition and not stretching, but that I do think stretching is very important and a huge buff to athletic performance and muscle growth.

WHAT?  Wait a minute, isn't that a bit contradictory?  Not at all, flexibility is paramount to increased strength and muscle growth as well as improved performance, but in my opinion it should be done separate from your regular exercise and competitions. The reason is simple, when you stretch properly you actually tear muscle tissue, just like when you do resistance training.  If you over stretch and tear the muscle to the point where it is weak in structure you open yourself to injury more easily and at times more drastically.

Now with X Stretch you get a good workout in, I'm not dripping with sweat but I broke one thats for sure. And you can really feel it! I will sleep very well tonight and will be very refreshed in the morning, most definitely an hour worth spending.

So pre-workout today was not as intensive as yesterday - only the Catalyst and Thermo:


Catalyst - 3 pills about 20 minutes prior - this was designed for the US Olympic Wrestling team and basically gives your muscles instruction, puts a protective coat over then and forces your body to burn fat instead.  One of my top 3 picks for the Advocare line of products.


Thermoplus - this is a great thermogenic which increases your core temp and helps your body burn and metabolize fat.  1 pill taken with my Catalyst. 


Post workout today:

Omega Plex - 2 pills immediately following with plenty of water - essential Omega3 fatty acids to help promote good cardiovascular health, improved blood flow and nutrient delivery.  And with dinner right after the workout, this will help deliver those nutrient to the right place that much quicker.


Bio-RQ - anti-oxidant support to help with improved cardiovascular health and support healthy aging, cause with heart disease in my family history, I want to make sure I'm taking all the steps I can to keep it from impacting my life.

Todays workout was relaxing and enjoyable, I hope you feel so too if you're following along at home!!!


Tomorrow is gonna make me cry however - as abs I Oz just don't get along.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment