Monday, September 20, 2010

Week 1 Day 1

Anyone who's worked out with me knows...Cardio is my NEMESIS!!!  I just can't stand it, but it's time to face the facts...it needs to be done, and I have to do it.  So today being day one, what better way to start out the new cycle then with CardioX!!!

Now I really enjoy Tony and his goofy sideliner comments and I actually really appreciate the way he trains, he reminds me a lot of how I used to train others, so seeing from his point of view is very easy for me.

With not having done any consistent cardio work in a good 5-6 months and having taken the last 3 weeks off, let's just say that today's workout was just that.  It was tough, I found myself huffin, my calves were on fire and I sucked down about 24oz of water in a 45 minute program.

For those of you who have not had the pleasure of the P90X series, I will say this, CardioX is actually pretty decent.  I had never done it before as I chose to do PlyoX instead when I went through the program last year.  I will say that CardioX is a nice little mix of YogaX, KenpoX, and PlyoX - it gets your heart rate up and the body sweating.  On top of that the pace is good and there's enough mix to keep things from getting stale and becoming boring. I did enjoy it for the most part...although it is cardio.

So pre-work today consisted of a couple of things roughly 20-30 minutes before I began.  Here's the breakdown:

Spark - about 45 minutes before (I skipped my morning Spark and opted for a little bit later to help the energy level get up there for the first workout -- I'll do the same the rest of the week though.)


Catalyst - 3 pills about 20 minutes prior - this was designed for the US Olympic Wrestling team and basically gives your muscles instruction, puts a protective coat over then and forces your body to burn fat instead.  One of my top 3 picks for the Advocare line of products.


Thermoplus - this is a great thermogenic which increases your core temp and helps your body burn and metabolize fat.  1 pill taken with my Catalyst. 


Arginine Extreme - 15-20 minutes prior (directions call for 30 minutes, but with a 10 minute warm up, it starts to kick in when I get rolling!) -  referred to as 'beast juice' this stuff really takes my workout to the next level - a fantastic mix of amino acids and B vitamins, I have yet to find anything in it's equal - another of my top 3!


Immediately following my workout 2 scoops of Post Workout Recovery is mandatory - no matter what type of workout.  My number 1 favorite product of all time, I will simply not workout if I don't have any Post...the stuff is just that amazing.


And with that, it has begun...tomorrow - X Stretch...time to lengthen and really get those muscles pulled apart!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment