Monday, October 25, 2010

Cycle 1 Recap

Alright!  So what did I learn from the first Cycle?

Well first thing is this - if I don't have to write a blog...well I probably won't, so easy to forget about.
Working out 7 days a week is really hard, both physically and mentally.
Doing it alone is even harder, that's right with the exception of 2 or 3 workouts that the wife decided to join me on, this whole process has been solo.  And not one single comment on my blog, so I'm curious, is anyone reading this thing?  If so, let me know!!!

Other things learned:

Doing AbRipperX the day after leg day is damn near impossible
Going to the gym every night on the weekend takes absolute and sheer dominate will power (as in it's really really hard to do).
Putting your body through 7 days of workouts requires a lot more food.

Things I noticed:

Loss of body fat in my body fat heavy areas (the loooove handles).
My brand new jeans are loose (don't tell the wife).
More vascular in the arms when working out (this means veins are popping out).
More defined areas of the body - legs, arms and back.

So last Cycle went like this (after a first week adjustment)

Monday - AbRipperX
Tuesday - Cardio X
Wednesday - XStretch
Thursday - Core Synergistics
Friday - Back and Shoulders - Gym
Saturday - Chest and Arms - Gym
Sunday - Legs - Gym

So round 2 here we come - new Cycle new rotation, and taking the things we learned from Cycle 1 into account we'll be splitting our gym days and keeping AbRipperX away from Leg day and Core Synergistics.  We'll also be upgrading XStretch to YogaX!!

Monday - Core Synergistics
Tuesday - Back and Tri's - Gym
Wednesday - CardioX
Thursday - AbRipperX
Friday - Legs and Shoulders - Gym
Saturday - YogaX
Sunday - Chest and Bi's - Gym

So there it is...the road map to the next Cycle - so tonight after Tom Tyson's super terrific mixer - Core Synergistics!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment