Sunday, October 10, 2010

Week 3 Day 7 - Legs of Doooooom!!!

Well I guess it's only right that the longest workout of the week is followed by the second shortest right???  I mean really...26 minutes for a leg workout?  Seriously?  It might seem like a little...but it hurts a whole LOT!

OK so straight to it

Legs - when the workouts are quick I'm not one to get super creative on leg day, so even though I do my best to rotate through exercises, there will invariably be some overlap.

Hack Squat - Standing Machine - this is a machine that you lean back on (you're at roughly a 40degree incline) and drop your butt to your heels.  Feet are shoulder width and high on the platform.  I believe the sled weighs 60lbs, and this will be a total plate count not weight (these are much harder to do and a lot rougher on the knees, so be mindful of what your body is telling you here).
2 plates x 20 (1 each side)
4 plates x 12 (2 each side)
6 plates x 12 (3 each side)

Leg Extensions - Wide feet (last week we did narrow/touching feet) - we're concentrating more on the outside of the quads today.
100 x 20
145 x 12
160 x 12

Straight Legged Deadlift - Dumbbells - this is extremely rough on the body below the rib cage, the low back, the abs, the hips, the rear, the hams and the knees...you'll feel it most along your back side though.  Feet and hands are shoulder width apart, weights are in front of body, keeping your legs straight but not locked you are touching your toes with your fists (your feet should fit between the weights of the dumbbell...if not...holy cow you gots big feets).
45 x 20
60 x 12
70 x 12

You should hate me at the end of this...really.  Got a great sweat and really drove the legs into the ground in a quick way.

Pre-workout - Arginine Extreme, Catalyst x 3, ThermoPlus x 1

Post-workout - Post-Workout Recovery immediately after the last set.  45 minutes later, A-Supreme and Joint Promotion as my knees were hurting on that last set of hack squats.  Normally I take the Joint Promotion with my breakfast, but I'm doubling up today.

AbRipperX tomorrow...maybe this time I'll get all the way through!!

No comments:

Post a Comment