Monday, October 18, 2010

Week 4 Day 6 - ARMageddon and some chest too!

Last chest and arms workout...and I can say that I'm actually very happy about it.  :D

Man does my body hurt, looking forward to the break fo sho!

So tonights workout was rough, back was a bit stiff from the back/shoulder workout, and my neck is just giving me fits (that happens when I do dumbbell shrugs).

But I muscled through it anyhow...HA nice pun!!!  OK fine...but I laughed.

Here's the breakdown - 

Chest 
Flat Bench Dumbbell Flys - arms bent and lowered out to your sides and then pulled together, this is a FLY not a press.
30 x 20
42.5 x 12
45 x 12

Incline Dumbbell Press - Standard (no rotations, just straight pressing to the ceiling here)
40 x 20
52.5 x 12
60 x 12 - almost didn't finish this set

Cable Cross-Overs - nothing special here but it's another cross/fly type movement, I wanted to get a good stretch in the muscle and this always feels good for that.
50 x 20
60 x 12
60 x 12

Bi's
Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curls - the basic standing one arm at a time curl...make sure to get a good supination at the top.
25 x 20
35 x 12
40 x 12

Straight Bar - Squat Rack - Standard Grip - this one uses the long bar on the squat rack - standard grip shoulder width apart....it hurt.
65 x 20
70 x 12
70 x 12

Standing Cable Cross-Body Curls - I really like the Freemotion all in one machine - so for this one, bars are at the floor and wide, elbows in tight to the sides and curling across the body...so right hand to left shoulder, alternating.
7.5 x 20
12.5 x 12
15 x 12

Tri's 
Push Downs - Inverted V bar - back to pulleys - for push downs you have single pulley machines with your back to the pulley or 2 pulley machines where you face them.  This one is harder and forces some minor ab work.  Elbows in tight to the sides and arms never go higher than parallel to the floor.
50 x 20
70 x 12
90 x 12

Rope Pull Over - double pulley machine - rope attachment - facing away from pulleys you bring the rope over your head, lock your elbows to your ears and extend your arms to straight and flex your wrists down.
70 x 20
110 x 12
130 x 12

Seated Behind the Head Kick Backs/Ups  - sit in the small chair, elbow at ear and lower weight behind head...kick it up.
20 x 20
25 x 12
25 x 12

Pre-workout - A-Supreme, Arginine Extreme, Catalyst x 3

Post-workout - Post-Workout Recover immediately following last set, OmegaPlex upon arrival to house.

Legs and I'm done for the first cycle.  I'll be doing a 'post cycle wrap up' this week to let ya know what I've learned and my thoughts on how things went.

No comments:

Post a Comment